The 25th World Forum of IAJBS, celebrating its Silver Jubilee, has included ‘Flourishing’ as an integral part of the conference theme as the perspectives on ‘Flourishing’ provide a wider canvas to draw the images of sustainable development which have hitherto been limited to economic growth and profit.
As Aristotle opines, ‘flourishing requires a life with other people,’ and it is essential for achieving ’natural excellence and happiness,’ the hallmark of true development. The concept of flourishing is also used to include, besides human flourishing, ecological flourishing. Since ‘flourishing requires a life with people’ and nature, the growing culture of innovations should be used as a thread to weave the web of life.
In a hugely networked world, it is possible to advance the cause of flourishing. Innovations act as necessary conditions accelerating the process of achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. Though the SDGs put equal thrust on planet, people, profit, prosperity and peace in the centre of development agenda, profit has assumed the dominant position. As a result, world is witnessing unprecedented social and economic inequality and ecological and political crises.
25th Annual IAJBS World Forum/1st CJBE South Asia Regional Meeting
- Happening on: July 21-25, 2019
- Hosted By: Xavier University Bhubaneswar, India
- Theme: Innovate and Flourish
- Sub Themes: (1) Philosophy and Principles of Innovation & Flourishing (2) Frontiers of Jesuit Business Education (3) Impact of Technological Transformation (4) Regional and Global Sustainability Approaches (5) Sustainable Communities & Peace
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 15th, 2019
- Notification Deadline: March 25th, 2019
- Full Paper Deadline: May 5th, 2019
- Send your abstracts / papers to firstname.lastname@example.org